Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect ratio is best when taking photos on your smartphone camera? Let us know whether you prefer to use 4:3 or 16:9 and why in the comments below.
1000th Article in the Portal
After the launch of the XDA Portal earlier this year, we had a vision where this would serve as a news source for everything XDA. A place where our fellow members can drop by and check out things of interest, ongoing projects, news, and many other topics that affect the community in any way. This has flourished thanks to our members and the news writer team who are always looking for the best of the best.
Since then, we have grown, and grown, and then grew some more. Today’s article by XDA member and news writer mic_888 marks a very important landmark, as it was our 1000th article since the official launch of the portal. How much have we grown? This is what we have done so far to improve our Front Page:
- We have re-vamped the whole portal and website with a more modern look;
- Added a Twitter account, which currently has over 10,000 subscribers (not bad for a brand new account);
- Added a system for every user to suggest content to News Writers;
- Have successfully implemented a steady stream of news, so you can always expect to see something new throughout the day or night (regardless of where you may be located globally);
- A table with upcoming devices has been added to the portal, so you will know when new devices will come out;
- As of yesterday, you may have noticed a “star system” on top of the thumbnails in the articles. This describes the level of knowledge required to do what the articles says;
- More to come…
The portal is still young and we are all actively trying to come up with new ideas to make it refreshing, insightful, and give you enough news to satisfy your XDA cravings. So, as always suggestions are welcomed.
In the name of all the administrative team, we thank you for supporting xda-developers and hope to see you all around in these growing and exciting times.
News Writer Team
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note 4G have in common with the YU Yureka or the Micromax Canvas Spark, or even the Lenovo A6000 and the A7000? For starters, the mentioned phones are amongst the more value centric Android smartphones, aiming to offer a better deal in terms of specifications and an overall package, than their domestic and foreign competitors in the Indian market. What...
The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this weekend's news is the announcement of Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 and be sure to check out the article talking about the 3D printable microscope for mobile devices. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA TV. XDA...