Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
1000th Article in the Portal
After the launch of the XDA Portal earlier this year, we had a vision where this would serve as a news source for everything XDA. A place where our fellow members can drop by and check out things of interest, ongoing projects, news, and many other topics that affect the community in any way. This has flourished thanks to our members and the news writer team who are always looking for the best of the best.
Since then, we have grown, and grown, and then grew some more. Today’s article by XDA member and news writer mic_888 marks a very important landmark, as it was our 1000th article since the official launch of the portal. How much have we grown? This is what we have done so far to improve our Front Page:
- We have re-vamped the whole portal and website with a more modern look;
- Added a Twitter account, which currently has over 10,000 subscribers (not bad for a brand new account);
- Added a system for every user to suggest content to News Writers;
- Have successfully implemented a steady stream of news, so you can always expect to see something new throughout the day or night (regardless of where you may be located globally);
- A table with upcoming devices has been added to the portal, so you will know when new devices will come out;
- As of yesterday, you may have noticed a “star system” on top of the thumbnails in the articles. This describes the level of knowledge required to do what the articles says;
- More to come…
The portal is still young and we are all actively trying to come up with new ideas to make it refreshing, insightful, and give you enough news to satisfy your XDA cravings. So, as always suggestions are welcomed.
In the name of all the administrative team, we thank you for supporting xda-developers and hope to see you all around in these growing and exciting times.
News Writer Team
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.