Let's start this with a disclaimer: I do not believe there is significant meaning behind synthetic benchmarks in correlation with real-world use. We've seen, time and again, some high-scoring phones output questionable performance. In this regard, Samsung is one of the usual culprits, and despite having opted for some of the highest spec configurations on each and every one of their flagships, many of them still managed to lag. Other top-tier devices, including the latest Nexus phone and tablet, managed to output...
1000th Article in the Portal
After the launch of the XDA Portal earlier this year, we had a vision where this would serve as a news source for everything XDA. A place where our fellow members can drop by and check out things of interest, ongoing projects, news, and many other topics that affect the community in any way. This has flourished thanks to our members and the news writer team who are always looking for the best of the best.
Since then, we have grown, and grown, and then grew some more. Today’s article by XDA member and news writer mic_888 marks a very important landmark, as it was our 1000th article since the official launch of the portal. How much have we grown? This is what we have done so far to improve our Front Page:
- We have re-vamped the whole portal and website with a more modern look;
- Added a Twitter account, which currently has over 10,000 subscribers (not bad for a brand new account);
- Added a system for every user to suggest content to News Writers;
- Have successfully implemented a steady stream of news, so you can always expect to see something new throughout the day or night (regardless of where you may be located globally);
- A table with upcoming devices has been added to the portal, so you will know when new devices will come out;
- As of yesterday, you may have noticed a “star system” on top of the thumbnails in the articles. This describes the level of knowledge required to do what the articles says;
- More to come…
The portal is still young and we are all actively trying to come up with new ideas to make it refreshing, insightful, and give you enough news to satisfy your XDA cravings. So, as always suggestions are welcomed.
In the name of all the administrative team, we thank you for supporting xda-developers and hope to see you all around in these growing and exciting times.
News Writer Team
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Android 5.0 Lollipop is a great release. It’ has improving usability with material design, given us quick access to our notifications on our home screen, and more. However, there are some very unique idiosyncrasies regarding the notification sounds and silent mode. Basically, it’s not truly silent. In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that helps you truly silence your Lollipop device. XDA Recognized Developer tonyp created the True Silent Mode module. TK shows off...
There are a number of different apps on the Play Store that make browsing the XDA portal and forums a fun experience on mobile, but we want to know: What's your favorite way to access the XDA forums? Do you prefer browsing on the desktop, mobile app, or mobile browser? If you use a mobile app, which one? Let us know how you connect with our community in the comment section below.