Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a million apps on the Google Play Store and new apps being submitted to our forums every day, staying up to date on the latest apps and games can be a hassle. At XDA, we don’t discriminate apps - if it’s interesting, innovative, original or useful, we mention them. The XDA Portal Team loves apps too, and we usually share and discuss the latest app releases...
1000th Article in the Portal
After the launch of the XDA Portal earlier this year, we had a vision where this would serve as a news source for everything XDA. A place where our fellow members can drop by and check out things of interest, ongoing projects, news, and many other topics that affect the community in any way. This has flourished thanks to our members and the news writer team who are always looking for the best of the best.
Since then, we have grown, and grown, and then grew some more. Today’s article by XDA member and news writer mic_888 marks a very important landmark, as it was our 1000th article since the official launch of the portal. How much have we grown? This is what we have done so far to improve our Front Page:
- We have re-vamped the whole portal and website with a more modern look;
- Added a Twitter account, which currently has over 10,000 subscribers (not bad for a brand new account);
- Added a system for every user to suggest content to News Writers;
- Have successfully implemented a steady stream of news, so you can always expect to see something new throughout the day or night (regardless of where you may be located globally);
- A table with upcoming devices has been added to the portal, so you will know when new devices will come out;
- As of yesterday, you may have noticed a “star system” on top of the thumbnails in the articles. This describes the level of knowledge required to do what the articles says;
- More to come…
The portal is still young and we are all actively trying to come up with new ideas to make it refreshing, insightful, and give you enough news to satisfy your XDA cravings. So, as always suggestions are welcomed.
In the name of all the administrative team, we thank you for supporting xda-developers and hope to see you all around in these growing and exciting times.
News Writer Team
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but showing your notifications instead. If you're a fan of that, you might want an easier way to check your notifications as they come in, without losing your current lockscreen. Glimpse Notifications by XDA Senior Member xrad offers just that. You'd normally have to turn your screen on manually to see your notifications. Instead, Glimpse Notifications will do it for you when a notification comes in. That doesn't mean...
As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.