From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Advanced Home Tab 2.0
Co0kie’s Home Tab has become so popular that it’s getting some sub apps. This application is called Advanced Home Tab 2.0, and works with CHT to bring your events and tasks to your home screen, in style.
The design is a very simple, but to me, cluttered home screen. You get checkboxes, scroll wheels, and events, all on your home screen. However the cool thing about this mod is that, you can do many finger gestures to bring your information to you.
Originally posted by Hulzer
Co0kie’s Home Tab 1.6.1
- Manage your Outlook tasks on Manila home screen
- New Swipe-to-left / Swipe-to-right gesture to switch between appointments and tasks
- Scrollable task list (show nearly any number of task items)
- Due date is colored red when the task is overdue
- Complete your tasks using the checkboxes (with vibration feedback)
- Sort tasks by Status, Priority, Subject, Start Date or Due Date
- Filter completed tasks by age
- Automatic refresh on switch / on edit
- Small flip clock
- Small weather animation
- More space for information due to new layout
- Co0kie’s call history fully supported (hidden, always, dynamic)
I am sure this looks attractive to most of you, head over to the thread for more information.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...