Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
Android 2.2 For Touch Pro Updated To V 1.7.10
Many of you now know a lot about our XDAndroid team. They are always working hard and their most recent update is for the HD2. The changes made available by XDA member babijoee can now be downloaded, transferred, and ran from your TP. The update brings many fixes, and even moves on to the beta stage of development.
- WiFi – “loads” but can’t scan for networks
- Bluetooth – interface hangs in configuration (need to fix init.rc)
- Power management – Something wakes the phone up immediately, have to look into it
- SD Card – I have to find a working config for Android to recognize this
- bzo: anything to do with GPS will cause a crash
- Accelerometer works
- Keyboard works
- Some G-Apps work
- Brightness control works
- Scepterr: net location works, NetworkLocation.apk needs to be signed with platform-key
- Adding linpack and Quadrant benchmark programs for testing ( only built in for now. will be removed in future and more stable packs )
- Sound works in apps
- 3D works
- So far no boot loop
- So far wifi scans now and is trying to get ip-address. Now looking into DCHP
- Speakerphone works
- Headset works
- JIT enabled
- SDcard fixed
- adding charmonix ledeffects
- removing launcher2
- adding launcherpro as default launcher
- Added lugiber boot-animation
- removing some unnecessary apps. will update to let you know what i remove.
- removed setupwizard / default provision
- Sound is now working ( stinebd )
- Updated apns.xml
- GRPS connections should be more stable now.
- Removed default music app and replace with cacheinjection Music Mod 18.104.22.168
- Added Flash10.1 – not working.
- Adding OIfilemanager
If you still own a Touch Pro, you can get more information over at the port thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.