Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
Android 2.2 For Touch Pro Updated To V 1.7.10
Many of you now know a lot about our XDAndroid team. They are always working hard and their most recent update is for the HD2. The changes made available by XDA member babijoee can now be downloaded, transferred, and ran from your TP. The update brings many fixes, and even moves on to the beta stage of development.
- WiFi – “loads” but can’t scan for networks
- Bluetooth – interface hangs in configuration (need to fix init.rc)
- Power management – Something wakes the phone up immediately, have to look into it
- SD Card – I have to find a working config for Android to recognize this
- bzo: anything to do with GPS will cause a crash
- Accelerometer works
- Keyboard works
- Some G-Apps work
- Brightness control works
- Scepterr: net location works, NetworkLocation.apk needs to be signed with platform-key
- Adding linpack and Quadrant benchmark programs for testing ( only built in for now. will be removed in future and more stable packs )
- Sound works in apps
- 3D works
- So far no boot loop
- So far wifi scans now and is trying to get ip-address. Now looking into DCHP
- Speakerphone works
- Headset works
- JIT enabled
- SDcard fixed
- adding charmonix ledeffects
- removing launcher2
- adding launcherpro as default launcher
- Added lugiber boot-animation
- removing some unnecessary apps. will update to let you know what i remove.
- removed setupwizard / default provision
- Sound is now working ( stinebd )
- Updated apns.xml
- GRPS connections should be more stable now.
- Removed default music app and replace with cacheinjection Music Mod 126.96.36.199
- Added Flash10.1 – not working.
- Adding OIfilemanager
If you still own a Touch Pro, you can get more information over at the port thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.
At the annual Game Developers Conference being held in San Francisco, NVIDIA announced the latest addition to its collection of devices, the NVIDIA SHIELD. Powered by the Tegra X1 ARM SoC, the SHIELD is a set-top box running Android TV at its heart. But since it is a NVIDIA device, it does things beyond the simple streaming and gaming that is expected in this age. The SHIELD can locally run and stream 4K content to a capable TV. It is compatible with existing...