Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OTA Update Available for Motorola Atrix 2
While it may not be Ice Cream Sandwich just yet, Motorola has released an official OTA update for the Atrix 2 that updates the OS to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread and brings several improvements and bug fixes to this popular dual-core device.
The update includes:
- Significant improvements and fixes to the camera app
- Enhanced keyboard
- Visual Voicemail (by AT&T)
- Cloud syncing of text messages and call log (by AT&T)
- Improvements to Wireless Hotspot and Webtop
- Haptic feedback problems fixed
- Decreased call ending lag
- Significantly reduced RAM usage, improving performance
- Possibly more…
As of now, a direct rooting method for this version isn’t available so by flashing it directly, you will lose root and will not be able to gain root till a method is churned out by the developers. However, there is a way to retain root when updating to 2.3.6 if you are already on rooted 2.3.5. The instructions for that can be found in this forum thread.