Android 4.0.2 OTA Update For Galaxy Nexus Rolling Out Again
About a month ago, there were reports in our forums that the 4.0.2 OTA update was rolling out to the Galaxy Nexus. However, it was halted after a week or so, but is now being pushed out again. So, if you were among the ones who didn’t get the update last year, you should be receiving an update notification now (I am, for one). If not, go to the settings and check manually for updates.
Below is the changelog, provided by Verizon (though it should be the same for the GSM version as well):
- Optimized Mobile Hotspot when used with VPN.
- Optimized 3G/4G data sessions for faster response times.
- Fixed an incorrect notification that “data wasdisconnected due to roaming”.
- Wi-Fi now automatically reconnects whenreturning to a known Access Point.
- Improvements to special visual effects feature whenusing front-facing camcorder.
- Visual improvements to the lock screen.
Email & Messaging
- Fixed an issue where some email attachments would not open correctly.
Apps & Widgets
- DivX support has been removed, and will be supported in a future upgrade.
- Improved audio volume in Google navigation turn-by-turn directions.
In case you run into any problems or want to share your experiences with the update (process), head over to the forum thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!