From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Android 4.0.2 OTA Update For Galaxy Nexus Rolling Out Again
About a month ago, there were reports in our forums that the 4.0.2 OTA update was rolling out to the Galaxy Nexus. However, it was halted after a week or so, but is now being pushed out again. So, if you were among the ones who didn’t get the update last year, you should be receiving an update notification now (I am, for one). If not, go to the settings and check manually for updates.
Below is the changelog, provided by Verizon (though it should be the same for the GSM version as well):
- Optimized Mobile Hotspot when used with VPN.
- Optimized 3G/4G data sessions for faster response times.
- Fixed an incorrect notification that “data wasdisconnected due to roaming”.
- Wi-Fi now automatically reconnects whenreturning to a known Access Point.
- Improvements to special visual effects feature whenusing front-facing camcorder.
- Visual improvements to the lock screen.
Email & Messaging
- Fixed an issue where some email attachments would not open correctly.
Apps & Widgets
- DivX support has been removed, and will be supported in a future upgrade.
- Improved audio volume in Google navigation turn-by-turn directions.
In case you run into any problems or want to share your experiences with the update (process), head over to the forum thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...