You've probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your resolution or a custom WhatsApp version with added features. How do developers do that, though? A lot of the time, the applications' source code isn't even available, so how does it all work? We'll see that first, then take a look at a new tool that aims to make the process much easier, and finally compare it to the popular Xposed framework to see how they...
Android 4.4.2 for AT&T and T-Mobile HTC One, AT&T LG G2 Out Now, Samsung Galaxy S5 Incoming? – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the T-Mobile HTC One been released! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that AT&T HTC One KitKat update is available as well and you can see Google Project Tango in action! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the announcement that the AT&T LG G2 KitKat release is out now. Xposed Developer Rovo89 had a Reddit AMA and talked about ART! Finally, Samsung is set to announce the Galaxy S 5! Pull up a chair and check out this video and be sure to check out other great videos on XDA Developer TV.
Links to stories mentioned:
- OTA Captured for T-Mobile HTC One Receives Android 4.4 Update, AT&T Update on the Way!
- Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T HTC One, OTA Captured!
- AT&T LG G2 Also Receives Android 4.4.2 Update, OTA Captured!
- Xposed Developer Rovo89 Answers Questions about ART Compatibility, Security, His Favorite Modules, and More in Reddit AMA!
- See Google Project Tango in Action!
- Samsung to Unveil Galaxy S 5 on Monday at Unpacked in Barcelona, Forums Created
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Physical Button Music Control – XDA Developer TV
- Lepow U-Stone 12000 mAh Power Bank Review
- Android App Review: OmniSnitch for All – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is becoming even more important in the mobile world. Services like Dropbox and Google Drive have already become widely adopted by the majority of smartphone users, but is cloud storage ready to replace external storage? Let us know your thoughts below.
When the first reports of the M9 overheating came to light, many forum users began a collective joke-round calling the phone a popcorn machine, a grill, and other unoriginal remarks that we’ve seen with every device that presents sign of overheating, from gaming consoles to graphics cards. In this sense, the internet is not very inventive, and the cycle of rehashed jokes re-surfaces on different products every year or so. This time it was the M9’s turn and it was...