Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
Android 4.4.2 for AT&T Galaxy S4 and Note 3 Leaked, HTC One KitKat US Release Delayed – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2,for the AT&T Galaxy S4 and Note 3 has been leaked! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the Sony Xperia Z1 received a maintenance release and the HTC One KitKat release for the US carrier versions has been delayed! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for HKThemeManager, Jordan reviewed the RAVPower RP-WD01, and TK gave us an Android App Review of ZDLock. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Xperia Z1 Receives Maintenance Release (OTA Captured), 4.3 for Xperia M Preparing for Imminent Release
- Android 4.4.2 Leaked for the AT&T Galaxy S 4 and Note 3
- [OTA Captured!] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the European HTC One; KitKat for US Carrier Devices on the Way
- Put Down the Pitchforks; HTC’s John Mackenzie Apologizes for KitKat Delay on the US Carrier HTC One
- Let’s Get the Party Started: The Moto G Receives One of its First Custom ROMs
- [Update: CONFIRMED!] Google Preparing to Sell Motorola Mobility to Lenovo for $2.91 Billion
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Manage Your Themes with HKThemeManager – XDA Developer TV
- RAVPower RP-WD01 Wireless SD Card Reader, USB External HDD Reader 3000mAh External Battery & More! – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Lock Your Private Data with ZDlock – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.
At the annual Game Developers Conference being held in San Francisco, NVIDIA announced the latest addition to its collection of devices, the NVIDIA SHIELD. Powered by the Tegra X1 ARM SoC, the SHIELD is a set-top box running Android TV at its heart. But since it is a NVIDIA device, it does things beyond the simple streaming and gaming that is expected in this age. The SHIELD can locally run and stream 4K content to a capable TV. It is compatible with existing...