More and more smartphone manufacturers have been moving towards on-screen buttons, with Google really pushing for it over the physical button alternative. However, there are still a few OEMs (we're looking at you, Samsung) that have preferred to keep things a bit more traditional. Tell us which way you prefer and why.
Android 4.4.2 for AT&T Galaxy S4 and Note 3 Leaked, HTC One KitKat US Release Delayed – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2,for the AT&T Galaxy S4 and Note 3 has been leaked! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the Sony Xperia Z1 received a maintenance release and the HTC One KitKat release for the US carrier versions has been delayed! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for HKThemeManager, Jordan reviewed the RAVPower RP-WD01, and TK gave us an Android App Review of ZDLock. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Xperia Z1 Receives Maintenance Release (OTA Captured), 4.3 for Xperia M Preparing for Imminent Release
- Android 4.4.2 Leaked for the AT&T Galaxy S 4 and Note 3
- [OTA Captured!] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the European HTC One; KitKat for US Carrier Devices on the Way
- Put Down the Pitchforks; HTC’s John Mackenzie Apologizes for KitKat Delay on the US Carrier HTC One
- Let’s Get the Party Started: The Moto G Receives One of its First Custom ROMs
- [Update: CONFIRMED!] Google Preparing to Sell Motorola Mobility to Lenovo for $2.91 Billion
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Manage Your Themes with HKThemeManager – XDA Developer TV
- RAVPower RP-WD01 Wireless SD Card Reader, USB External HDD Reader 3000mAh External Battery & More! – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Lock Your Private Data with ZDlock – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While there are frequent unexplained changes and pushes to Google's AOSP repositories, an interesting-looking new branch has been pushed out recently, called "master-soong". Taking a look at the changes made to the manifest repository (which is used to specify the repositories to be downloaded when building Android), it appears there are some new repositories making an appearance. Of note here are new prebuilt repositories for Go, and Ninja. Go is a programming language, created by Google, which compiles to produce...
There already are many solutions on the Google Play store if you want to send a link to one of your devices -- but what if you wanted to do it quickly without having to install any software or logging in to a website on the recipient end? Most apps require you to do either or both, which can be a hassle (or even a security risk) in some cases. Luckily, XDA Forum Member wyemun has developed CaastMe. Inspired by...