Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...
Android 4.4.2 for Unlocked HTC One and Moto X, Convert Moto G into Play Edition – XDA Developer TV
Android KitKat 4.4.2 is now available for the unlocked and developer edition HTC Ones! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that CyanogenMod 11 Milestone 3 is available for 50 devices and their is now a way to turn your Moto G into a Play Edition! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Complete Action Plus, Jordan taught us about ART the Android Runtime compiler, and TK gave us an Android App Review of Quickr. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- CyanogenMod 11 Milestone 3 Now Available for 50 Devices
- Android 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 Now Rolling Out to Unlocked and Developer Edition HTC One
- T-Mobile / Unlocked / Developer Moto X (XT1053) Receives Android 4.4.2, OTA Captured!
- [OTA Captured!] Android 4.3 Now Rolling Out to the Sony Xperia SP on Vodaphone AU
- Sony Xperia T, TX, and V Join the SP and Receive Official Android 4.3
- MotoTool All In One Converts Your Moto G Into GPe
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Complete Action Plus – XDA Developer TV
- Android Basics 101: Understanding ART, the Android Runtime – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Navigate Your Phone ‘Quickr’ – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
A few months ago, we came up with the idea of presenting the history of flagship devices released by some of the major Android OEMs. In this, we've had the pleasure of bringing you the stories of Sony (Ericsson) and Samsung. Now, it's time for our third and final installment. This is a very special episode, as the OEM I will talk about was heavily connected to Android and the beginnings of XDA as a whole. Yes, I'm talking about HTC, the...
Unfortunately there was a memory leak in Android 5.0.x Lollipop. Thankfully it was fixed in Android 5.1. However, at the time of this video Xposed Framework doesn’t have Android 5.1 support. So you are faced with a choice of fixing the memory leak or running your Xposed Modules. Or are you? In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that adds the Android 5.1 memory fix to pre 5.1 Lollipop devices. The module...