To me, applications like this one are really important for school students. I bought my first significant Android the same year I began my Physics degree at my university, and immediately I realised how tremendously helpful it was. From accurate graphing applications to TI emulators (don't judge me, the real thing costs crazy amounts here!), passing through giants like Wolfram and MATLAB Mobile, there were a lot of tools for one to excel with. In fact, I'd say that without Android I wouldn't have chosen...
Android 4.4.2 for Unlocked HTC One and Moto X, Convert Moto G into Play Edition – XDA Developer TV
Android KitKat 4.4.2 is now available for the unlocked and developer edition HTC Ones! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that CyanogenMod 11 Milestone 3 is available for 50 devices and their is now a way to turn your Moto G into a Play Edition! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Complete Action Plus, Jordan taught us about ART the Android Runtime compiler, and TK gave us an Android App Review of Quickr. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- CyanogenMod 11 Milestone 3 Now Available for 50 Devices
- Android 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 Now Rolling Out to Unlocked and Developer Edition HTC One
- T-Mobile / Unlocked / Developer Moto X (XT1053) Receives Android 4.4.2, OTA Captured!
- [OTA Captured!] Android 4.3 Now Rolling Out to the Sony Xperia SP on Vodaphone AU
- Sony Xperia T, TX, and V Join the SP and Receive Official Android 4.3
- MotoTool All In One Converts Your Moto G Into GPe
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Complete Action Plus – XDA Developer TV
- Android Basics 101: Understanding ART, the Android Runtime – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Navigate Your Phone ‘Quickr’ – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
XDA Recognized Contributor Albe95 has shared with us what looks to be Galaxy S6 applications. The ones he's provided are the GearManager, the Optical Reader, GeoNews and Kids Mode. The applications are available for download through the links in the opening post, but keep in mind it is likely that they might not be compatible with your device. There's also new information about more applications and system interface features revealed in the same thread: The alleged S6 statusbar and panel are ported to the...
Only a few years ago, it was normal for a major app release to be available for iOS but come months later to Android. That seems to no longer be the case, as Android has advanced tremendously with Google putting a huge effort into its Play Store and ecosystem. However, while the majority of major app releases are now made available for both platforms at the same time, there are a few iOS exclusives that some of us wish were on our favorite mobile OS (Hyperlapse comes to mind). Let us know which apps for the iPhone you wish were on Android.