With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Leak for Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, Open Source Android Device Manager – XDA Developer TV
The Samsung Galaxy S 4 gets a leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat build! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that Sony Xperia M got an unofficial Android 4.4.2 KitKat Release and the Sony Xperia TX has a leaked version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about all the videos released on XDA Developer TV this weekend from CES 2014 including the a hands-on video with the Samsung Note PRO 12.2, Tab PROs and Galaxy Camera 2, Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G, and the Omate TrueSmart smartwatch video by XDA Developer TV Producer TK. Check out our whole CES 2014 Playlist. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Functional Android 4.4.2 KitKat Arrives on the Sony Xperia M
- Leaked Android 4.4.2 XXUFNA1 Firmware for the Galaxy S 4
- Android 4.3 Leak Now Available for the Sony Xperia TX LT29i
- Browse Java Code of Your Favorite Applications Directly from Your Android Device
- Track Your Device Remotely with Open Device Manager
- Samsung Note PRO 12.2, Tab PROs and Galaxy Camera 2 Hands On at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G Hands On at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Omate TrueSmart Hands On and Interview with Laurent Le Pen at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, Epson Moverio BT-200 and More Announced at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Sony Xperia Z1S and Z1 Compact Hands On at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Nvidia Tegra K1 Hands On at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- LG G Flex Hands On at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...