Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but showing your notifications instead. If you're a fan of that, you might want an easier way to check your notifications as they come in, without losing your current lockscreen. Glimpse Notifications by XDA Senior Member xrad offers just that. You'd normally have to turn your screen on manually to see your notifications. Instead, Glimpse Notifications will do it for you when a notification comes in. That doesn't mean...
Android 4.4.2 OTA for SGS4 and HTC One GPe, Nexus 5 Production Update Fix Speaker/Button Issues – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Google Play Edition and not to be out done, the Google Play Edition HTC One has KitKat Android 4.4.2 available as well! That and much more KitKat news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that Sony has released AOSP KitKat for the Sony Xperia L and the article talking about how Android 4.3 for the Sony Xperia SP, T, TX and V have been certified by the DLNA!
In other important news, Jordan talks about the announcement that Android 4.3 with Sense 5.5 is rolling out for the HTC One Mini. Also, the Verizon HTC One will receive an official Android 4.3 OTA next week, but it won’t have Sense 5.5! Be sure to check out other videos on on XDA Developer TV. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Android 4.4.2 KOT49H Now Rolling Out to the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Google Play Edition, OTA Captured!
- [Update: OTA Available!] HTC One Google Play Edition Now Receiving Android 4.4.2 OTA, Framework and Kernel Source Available
- Sony Pushes Envelope of Developer Friendliness Once Again, AOSP KitKat for Xperia L
- Official Android 4.3 for Xperia SP, T, TX, and V Certified by DLNA, Likely Coming Very Soon
- Android 4.3 with Sense 5.5 Rolling Out to the HTC One Mini, OTA Captured!
- Verizon HTC One to Receive Official Android 4.3 OTA Next Week, Strangely no Sense 5.5
- LG Adjusts Google Nexus 5 Production to Fix Speaker and Button Issues
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.
While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the differences between Cyanogen, Inc and CyanogenMod developers, as well as Cyanogen OS and the CyanogenMod ROM that so many XDA users love. The entities surrounding each of these are sometimes different and sometimes intertwined. We’ve gotten messages and comments requesting for a clearer distinction between these for future reference, which is why we are writing this feature. Let’s start...