With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
Android 4.4.2 Released, New Chromecast Apps, High End Ubuntu Touch Phones Coming in 2014! – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now available for the current Google Nexus devices and its source code has been released. That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the LG G Pad 8.3 and Sony Z Ultra now have Google Play Edition Devices and the Ubuntu Touch project has announced future devices. That’s not all that covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Android Tuner, Jordan showed us what the new Android 4.4.1/ Android 4.4.2 KitKat updates include, and TK gave us an Android App Review of List My Apps. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Google Rolls Out Android 4.4.2 for Nexuses, OTAs Captured
- Android 4.4.2 KOT49H Source Code Released, Factory Images for Nexus 4, 5, 7, and 10
- Sprint Moto X Finally Receiving Android 4.4 KitKat
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note II Receives Android 4.3, Grab it Now!
- Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Note ll Gets Android 4.3
- Android 4.3 Leaked for the Sony Xperia Z and ZL
- LG G Pad 8.3 and Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Devices Now Available
- Chromecast Update Build 14651 Brings Improved Home Screen, New Features
- Google Chromecast Now Supports Ten New Apps, Local Content Now Here
- Chromecast Now Supports Google Play Music and Movies from the Web… It’s About Time!
- Prepare for Ubuntu Touch Smart Phones in 2014
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Android Tuner – XDA Developer TV
- Android 4.4.1 / 4.4.2 KitKat Nexus 5 Update Review – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: List My Apps, Lists Your Apps! – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...