Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...
Android 4.4.2 Released, New Chromecast Apps, High End Ubuntu Touch Phones Coming in 2014! – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now available for the current Google Nexus devices and its source code has been released. That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the LG G Pad 8.3 and Sony Z Ultra now have Google Play Edition Devices and the Ubuntu Touch project has announced future devices. That’s not all that covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Android Tuner, Jordan showed us what the new Android 4.4.1/ Android 4.4.2 KitKat updates include, and TK gave us an Android App Review of List My Apps. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Google Rolls Out Android 4.4.2 for Nexuses, OTAs Captured
- Android 4.4.2 KOT49H Source Code Released, Factory Images for Nexus 4, 5, 7, and 10
- Sprint Moto X Finally Receiving Android 4.4 KitKat
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note II Receives Android 4.3, Grab it Now!
- Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Note ll Gets Android 4.3
- Android 4.3 Leaked for the Sony Xperia Z and ZL
- LG G Pad 8.3 and Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Devices Now Available
- Chromecast Update Build 14651 Brings Improved Home Screen, New Features
- Google Chromecast Now Supports Ten New Apps, Local Content Now Here
- Chromecast Now Supports Google Play Music and Movies from the Web… It’s About Time!
- Prepare for Ubuntu Touch Smart Phones in 2014
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Android Tuner – XDA Developer TV
- Android 4.4.1 / 4.4.2 KitKat Nexus 5 Update Review – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: List My Apps, Lists Your Apps! – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.