Need some material design icons for your latest app or website? Or perhaps you're a designer looking to share some of your work? Material Design Icons probably has what you're looking for. For developers, it means open, searchable icons that are available in all the formats you could wish for. Developing for Android? You can download any icon in two formats: Android 5.x (gives you a vector drawable along with PNGs in black, gray and the color of your choosing),...
Android 4.4.3 Released, Google Unveils Project Tango Tablet Dev Kit, Galaxy Gear Tizen Rooted! – XDA Developer TV
Android KitKat 4.4.3 has been released for the Nexus 5 and many more Nexus devices! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that OmniROM nightlies are now based on Android 4.4.3 and Google announced a new Project Tango tablet! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for OK Google for 3rd Party Launchers. Then, Jordan talked about Portal and Half-Life 2 on the Nvidia Shield. Finally, TK gave us a an Android App Review of Gallery Plus. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- [OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 OTA Now Live for the Nexus 5!
- [OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 OTAs Live for Nexus 4 and 10
- [OTA Captured] Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi Now Receiving 4.4.3 Incremental Update
- Android 4.4.3 Factory Images and Driver Binaries Here for the Nexus 4, 5, 7 (Both), and 10, Source Code Now Live
- [OTAs Captured] Android 4.4.3 Rolling Out to Google Play Editions, Kernel Source Available for HTC GPe Devices!
- Android 4.4.3 Rolling Out to Moto X, E, and G Starting Today!
- Today’s OmniROM Nightlies Now Based on Android 4.4.3
- Browse Every New AOSP Code Commit in Android 4.4.3
- [OTA Captured] KitKat Arrives on the LTE Variant of the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
- [OTA Captured] Sense 6 Update Finally Rolls Out to AT&T HTC One M7
- Root for the Original Galaxy Gear Running Tizen
- Unreleased Google Glass XE17.3 Factory Image, OTA, and Pre-Rooted Boot Image Now Available
- Google Unveils $1024 Project Tango Tablet Development Kit
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: ‘Ok Google’ for 3rd Party Launchers – XDA Developer TV
- Portal and Half-Life 2 on the Nvidia SHIELD! Win an Nvidia SHIELD! – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Gallery Plus – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Nvidia unveiled the SHIELD Tegra X1 TV Box! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Cyanogen's new corporate identity and partnership with Qualcomm and be sure to check out the article talking about Lollipop devices being no longer encrypted by default! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week...
According to engadget (citing TouchPal as well as an internal source), HTC aims to replace Swype with TouchPal as the default input method in upcoming devices, including the new HTC One M9. The official TouchPal Twitter account also tweeted the engadget article about this, further confirming the move. What prompted this move? The CEO of CooTek, the company behind TouchPal, says it's because of their better contextual prediction and language support. If you actually look at the supported languages, you'll...