Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
Android 4.4.3 Released, Google Unveils Project Tango Tablet Dev Kit, Galaxy Gear Tizen Rooted! – XDA Developer TV
Android KitKat 4.4.3 has been released for the Nexus 5 and many more Nexus devices! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that OmniROM nightlies are now based on Android 4.4.3 and Google announced a new Project Tango tablet! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for OK Google for 3rd Party Launchers. Then, Jordan talked about Portal and Half-Life 2 on the Nvidia Shield. Finally, TK gave us a an Android App Review of Gallery Plus. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- [OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 OTA Now Live for the Nexus 5!
- [OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 OTAs Live for Nexus 4 and 10
- [OTA Captured] Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi Now Receiving 4.4.3 Incremental Update
- Android 4.4.3 Factory Images and Driver Binaries Here for the Nexus 4, 5, 7 (Both), and 10, Source Code Now Live
- [OTAs Captured] Android 4.4.3 Rolling Out to Google Play Editions, Kernel Source Available for HTC GPe Devices!
- Android 4.4.3 Rolling Out to Moto X, E, and G Starting Today!
- Today’s OmniROM Nightlies Now Based on Android 4.4.3
- Browse Every New AOSP Code Commit in Android 4.4.3
- [OTA Captured] KitKat Arrives on the LTE Variant of the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
- [OTA Captured] Sense 6 Update Finally Rolls Out to AT&T HTC One M7
- Root for the Original Galaxy Gear Running Tizen
- Unreleased Google Glass XE17.3 Factory Image, OTA, and Pre-Rooted Boot Image Now Available
- Google Unveils $1024 Project Tango Tablet Development Kit
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: ‘Ok Google’ for 3rd Party Launchers – XDA Developer TV
- Portal and Half-Life 2 on the Nvidia SHIELD! Win an Nvidia SHIELD! – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Gallery Plus – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.