Need some material design icons for your latest app or website? Or perhaps you're a designer looking to share some of your work? Material Design Icons probably has what you're looking for. For developers, it means open, searchable icons that are available in all the formats you could wish for. Developing for Android? You can download any icon in two formats: Android 5.x (gives you a vector drawable along with PNGs in black, gray and the color of your choosing),...
Android 4.5 Could Break Root Apps, Xperia Z1 Compact Rooted, Paranoid Android 4.0 Beta 3 Released – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.5, or the whatever next version of Android is, could break root app functionality! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact has been rooted and the release of Paranoid Android 4.0 Beta 3! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for SwypeBack, he compared the Omate TrueSmart smartwatch 2.0, the Samsung Galaxy Gear and the Pebble, and he gave us an Review of CyanogenMod on the Oppo N1. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Paranoid Android 4.0 Updated to Beta 3
- Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Gets Root and CWM Recovery Before Official Launch
- Android 4.5 May Break Compatibility with Many Current Root Apps
- Another Sneak Peek of Samsung’s Alleged New UI
- Pair Your Samsung Galaxy Gear with Non-Samsung Devices
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: SwypeBack, Navigate with Gestures – XDA Developer TV
- Smartwatch Showdown: Pebble vs Galaxy Gear vs Omate TrueSmart – XDA Developer TV
- Oppo N1 with CyanogenMod Review – XDA Developer TV
- Sony Xperia Z1S and Z1 Compact Hands On at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Samsung Note PRO 12.2, Tab PROs and Galaxy Camera 2 Hands On at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Device Review: Oppo N1
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Nvidia unveiled the SHIELD Tegra X1 TV Box! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the Cyanogen's new corporate identity and partnership with Qualcomm and be sure to check out the article talking about Lollipop devices being no longer encrypted by default! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week...
According to engadget (citing TouchPal as well as an internal source), HTC aims to replace Swype with TouchPal as the default input method in upcoming devices, including the new HTC One M9. The official TouchPal Twitter account also tweeted the engadget article about this, further confirming the move. What prompted this move? The CEO of CooTek, the company behind TouchPal, says it's because of their better contextual prediction and language support. If you actually look at the supported languages, you'll...