Unfortunately there was a memory leak in Android 5.0.x Lollipop. Thankfully it was fixed in Android 5.1. However, at the time of this video Xposed Framework doesn’t have Android 5.1 support. So you are faced with a choice of fixing the memory leak or running your Xposed Modules. Or are you? In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that adds the Android 5.1 memory fix to pre 5.1 Lollipop devices. The module...
Android 4.5 Could Break Root Apps, Xperia Z1 Compact Rooted, Paranoid Android 4.0 Beta 3 Released – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.5, or the whatever next version of Android is, could break root app functionality! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact has been rooted and the release of Paranoid Android 4.0 Beta 3! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for SwypeBack, he compared the Omate TrueSmart smartwatch 2.0, the Samsung Galaxy Gear and the Pebble, and he gave us an Review of CyanogenMod on the Oppo N1. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Paranoid Android 4.0 Updated to Beta 3
- Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Gets Root and CWM Recovery Before Official Launch
- Android 4.5 May Break Compatibility with Many Current Root Apps
- Another Sneak Peek of Samsung’s Alleged New UI
- Pair Your Samsung Galaxy Gear with Non-Samsung Devices
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: SwypeBack, Navigate with Gestures – XDA Developer TV
- Smartwatch Showdown: Pebble vs Galaxy Gear vs Omate TrueSmart – XDA Developer TV
- Oppo N1 with CyanogenMod Review – XDA Developer TV
- Sony Xperia Z1S and Z1 Compact Hands On at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Samsung Note PRO 12.2, Tab PROs and Galaxy Camera 2 Hands On at CES 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Device Review: Oppo N1
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best smartphones of 2014. The Global Mobile Awards given out during the time of MWC 2015 named it the Smartphone of The Year (SOTY?) alongside the iPhone 6, and at the time of its release it packed the very best in Android specifications, from the powerful Snapdragon 801 to the class-leading 1440p display. The camera, battery life and feature set were also deemed...
You've probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your resolution or a custom WhatsApp version with added features. How do developers do that, though? A lot of the time, the applications' source code isn't even available, so how does it all work? We'll see that first, then take a look at a new tool that aims to make the process much easier, and finally compare it to the popular Xposed framework to see how they...