More and more smartphone manufacturers have been moving towards on-screen buttons, with Google really pushing for it over the physical button alternative. However, there are still a few OEMs (we're looking at you, Samsung) that have preferred to keep things a bit more traditional. Tell us which way you prefer and why.
Android Silver to Kill Nexus Program? Moto E Gets TWRP and Root! Xposed 2.6 Released – XDA Developer TV
Sense 6 for the unlocked and developer edition HTC One M7 and T-Mobile variant has been released! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that Android Silver may possibly replace the Nexus program, as well as the system dump of the Moto E and how it now has TWRP and root! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Be sure to check out the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for RAM Usage & Play Store Link. Then, TK showed us how to root the Oppo Find 7a. Finally, TK gave us a an Android App Review of Sky Weather. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- [OTA Captured] Sense 6 Now Rolling Out to Unlocked and Developer HTC One M7
- [OTA Captured] T-Mobile HTC One M7 Gets Sense 6, M8 Gets Extreme Power Savings Mode
- Pick Apart the Guts of the Moto E with a System Dump
- Root and Unofficial TWRP Recovery Available for the Moto E
- Xposed Framework 2.6 Brings Radically Improved UI, Downloader Tweaks, Framework Improvements, and More!
- Could the Nexus Program Come to a Halt This Year in Favor of Android Silver?
- Android Silver to Possibly Arrive February of Next Year?
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: RAM Usage and Play Store Link – XDA Developer TV
- How to Root the Oppo Find 7a Quickly – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Sky Weather – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While there are frequent unexplained changes and pushes to Google's AOSP repositories, an interesting-looking new branch has been pushed out recently, called "master-soong". Taking a look at the changes made to the manifest repository (which is used to specify the repositories to be downloaded when building Android), it appears there are some new repositories making an appearance. Of note here are new prebuilt repositories for Go, and Ninja. Go is a programming language, created by Google, which compiles to produce...
There already are many solutions on the Google Play store if you want to send a link to one of your devices -- but what if you wanted to do it quickly without having to install any software or logging in to a website on the recipient end? Most apps require you to do either or both, which can be a hassle (or even a security risk) in some cases. Luckily, XDA Forum Member wyemun has developed CaastMe. Inspired by...