From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Android Silver to Kill Nexus Program? Moto E Gets TWRP and Root! Xposed 2.6 Released – XDA Developer TV
Sense 6 for the unlocked and developer edition HTC One M7 and T-Mobile variant has been released! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that Android Silver may possibly replace the Nexus program, as well as the system dump of the Moto E and how it now has TWRP and root! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Be sure to check out the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for RAM Usage & Play Store Link. Then, TK showed us how to root the Oppo Find 7a. Finally, TK gave us a an Android App Review of Sky Weather. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- [OTA Captured] Sense 6 Now Rolling Out to Unlocked and Developer HTC One M7
- [OTA Captured] T-Mobile HTC One M7 Gets Sense 6, M8 Gets Extreme Power Savings Mode
- Pick Apart the Guts of the Moto E with a System Dump
- Root and Unofficial TWRP Recovery Available for the Moto E
- Xposed Framework 2.6 Brings Radically Improved UI, Downloader Tweaks, Framework Improvements, and More!
- Could the Nexus Program Come to a Halt This Year in Favor of Android Silver?
- Android Silver to Possibly Arrive February of Next Year?
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: RAM Usage and Play Store Link – XDA Developer TV
- How to Root the Oppo Find 7a Quickly – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Sky Weather – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...