2BOrange Flashing Tool Given Substantial Update
Posted April 15, 2012 at 09:00 am by Former Writer
Just short of a year ago, the XDA Portal brought you coverage of a promising application called 2BOrange. The premise of the application was simple. Kernels, ROMs, and scripts are uploaded to the 2BOrange servers. Next, the app would install the aforementioned development work with just a couple of clicks, thereby avoiding many potential flashing problems.
It’s been awhile, but 2BOrange is back. XDA Senior Member snoopy33 has released a new beta, bringing a more stable experience and even a developer interface. From the user side, it is much like the old beta. According to snoopy33:
As a user:
– download a ROM / Kernel… from our server and install it with two click
– get push notification when update are available
– Protect your phone against loss with a GPS localizer.
– Backup / Restore your phone
– Uninstall system application
– Kill background tasks
– get some technical information about your device
While the end-user feature list has the same basic elements of the first beta, the there are new features for users to try out. On the development side of things, devs have the option of using the app to build and distribute their work. Says snoopy33:
As a developer:
– upload your stuff on www.2borange.com server
– create your own script to manage your ROM
– add some add on package easily
The application itself is similar with ROM Manager, the current go-to application for users looking to easily install ROMs and custom recoveries. However, Snoopy33 thinks that there are a few improvements over current solutions such as Google C2DM push functionality.
If you’d like to give the new beta a spin, you can find download links, a wealth of information and more, check out the application thread. As with any software that can flash ROMs, be sure to make a backup before attempting._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!