Tool kits are often one of the most useful things a user will ever download. They usually let users efficiently perform a variety of tasks including acquiring root, installing a custom recovery, and flashing various development work ranging from ROMs to kernels. In other words, it lowers the entry cost for new users, and allows even the more experienced users to enjoy easy flashing.
Now, thanks to XDA Recognized Developer hasoon2000, there are a variety of tool kits for many HTC devices. Currently supported devices include the HTC myTouch 4G Slide, HTC One S, HTC One X, HTC Amaze 4G, HTC Rezound, and the HTC Vivid.
For some users, this tool kit is not exactly a new experience. This is the tool was recently used in the post-update root tutorial for the HTC Sensation. However, it’s worth mentioning all of the great things this tool does for devices. In the case of the One X, the features include:
- Get Token ID
– Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
– Install Recoveries
Interim Custom CWM
DoomRecovery Custom CWM
CWM 220.127.116.11 (Touch)
-Flash Kernels provided
– Link to this thread (Android-Dev / XDA)
– Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked (Android-Dev / XDA)
– Link to the One X Development thread (Android-Dev / XDA)
– Boot Into Recovery
– Boot into Bootloader
– Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
– APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
– Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!
In terms of tool kits, this does pretty much everything you’d expect, plus a whole bunch of other stuff as well, such as linking back to the device’s respective XDA-Developers forum. Users looking to get in on the tool kit action should proceed to their appropriate thread:
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!