All-in-One Toolkit for the Google Nexus 4
Posted November 24, 2012 at 08:00 am by Former Writer
While one-click tools have been a subject of much debate, developers are still developing them and users are still using them. They often come in the form of one-click methods and all-in-one toolkits. They can be helpful with a variety of things. Now, the Nexus 4, which recently achieved root, has its own.
* Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically on Windows xp/vista/7/8 32bit+64bit
* Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
* Backup your /data/media (virtual SD Card) to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
* Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader
* Root Stock Jelly Bean builds (upto 4.2.0 JOP40C)
* 1-Click For All to Unlock, Root, Rename the Restore File
* Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system (Boot, Cache, Data, Recovery and System) via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC which can be Restored via CWM Recovery
* Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC
* Dump selected Phone Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC
* Install BusyBox on your phone
* Extras, Tips and Tricks section available to all ToolKit Donators
* Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your phone
* Download Google Stock Image directly to correct ToolKit folder for extracting and flashing (no need to move it manually anymore)
* Flash Custom Recovery or Google Stock Image to phone
* Rename the Recovery Restore File present on some Stock Roms
* Boot into CWM Touch Recovery without Flashing it
* Boot or Flash .img Files directly from your PC
* Install a single apk or multiple apk’s to your phone
* Push Files from your PC to your phone
* Pull Files from your phone to your PC
* Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
* Dump BugReport to your PC
* Set Files Permissions on your phone
* Open new Command Prompt for manual input
* Reboot Phone to Fastboot Mode or Android from fastboot mode
* Reboot Phone to Fastboot Mode, Recovery, Android or Download Mode from adb mode
So if you have the Nexus 4 and you need pretty much anything, this is the toolkit to get. The highlights include root, recovery, busybox, and bootloader unlock. However, there are some tools available that could be very handy. Backing up the virtual SD card, for instance. Also, dumping various logs can help users help developers. We all know how much developers love logcats.
For more details, check out the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!