Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OTA Update Available for Motorola Atrix 2
Posted February 8, 2012 at 01:00 pm by Haroon Q. Raja
While it may not be Ice Cream Sandwich just yet, Motorola has released an official OTA update for the Atrix 2 that updates the OS to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread and brings several improvements and bug fixes to this popular dual-core device.
The update includes:
- Significant improvements and fixes to the camera app
- Enhanced keyboard
- Visual Voicemail (by AT&T)
- Cloud syncing of text messages and call log (by AT&T)
- Improvements to Wireless Hotspot and Webtop
- Haptic feedback problems fixed
- Decreased call ending lag
- Significantly reduced RAM usage, improving performance
- Possibly more…
As of now, a direct rooting method for this version isn’t available so by flashing it directly, you will lose root and will not be able to gain root till a method is churned out by the developers. However, there is a way to retain root when updating to 2.3.6 if you are already on rooted 2.3.5. The instructions for that can be found in this forum thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!