Android 4.3 OTA for Google Play HTC One and SGS4 Available, Chromecast OTA Blocks Root! – XDA Developer TV
Posted August 5, 2013 at 12:00 pm by Jimmy McGee
An OTA update of Android 4.3 for the HTC One of the Samsung Galaxy S 4 is available and so are the kernel sources. That and more are covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this week’s news is an article about the new Free Software Foundation completely open source mobile operating system and news about the Google Chromecast OTA that prevents rooting via the current method.
Jordan talks about the other videos released this weekend on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer Jayce released a video talking about not calling yourself a programmer. Later, he released a video talking about the pitfalls of creating an Android app. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Android 4.3 OTAs for HTC One and Galaxy S 4 Google Play Editions, Kernel Sources Available
- The Free Software Foundation Wants to Create a Truly Open Source Mobile OS
- Latest Google Chromecast OTA Blocks Root Method
- XDA:DevCon 2013 Has Sold Out!
- XDA Tablet Z Development Competition Voting is Live!
- Don’t Call Yourself a Programmer! – XDA Developer TV
- Creating an Android App 101: Pitfalls – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!