Android Firewall – Control App Network Access
Posted September 23, 2010 at 03:00 pm by Captainkrtek
Don’t have an unlimited data plan and worried about your data usage on your Android phone? Well, XDA Member rodrigo.zr has created an IPtables based firewall for Android devices. The app makes it easy to control which apps have access to network resources, so you can make sure not to go over your monthly cap. As a side note, to use this app you must be using a rooted Android device with Super User capabilities. Some of the features that it has are:
- White List Mode ( Allow Certain Apps )
- Black List Mode ( Block Certain Apps )
- Password Protection ( For App Rules )
- Select Individual Apps and Apps that use Certain Device Features
- Select Apps that run as Root (Superuser)
- Edit Rules
- Enable/Disable Firewall quickly
Some of the features specified down the road are 4G/WiMax Data Control and a logging feature.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!