[APK Compendium] Google Docs, Sheets, Play Store, and Music Receive Minor Updates, and the Rest of This Week’s Updates
Posted May 31, 2014 at 09:00 am by Will Verduzco
Update: Looks like we have another incremental update for Google Docs as well, bringing it to 126.96.36.199, up from 188.8.131.52.
This was a great week in terms of first party Google application updates. Wednesday afternoon, we first saw a significant update to Google Camera, which brought us self-timer, 16:9 capture support, and two new panoramic capture modes. Then a few hours later, we saw some rather significant updates to Google Goggles, Chrome Beta, and Android Device Manager–as well as minor updates to Chrome Stable, Docs, Sheets, and Books. Finally the very next day, Google Maps 8.1.0 brought back terrain view to the mobile app—a feature we haven’t seen since the introduction of Google Maps 7, a year and a half ago.
With these nine first party Google application updates, you’d be forgiven for assuming that these are all that Google has in store for us this week. While this is true for the most part, as there are no additional significant updates to cover, Google has issued out a set of three new minor application updates over the course of the last two days.
First up, we have Google Sheets 184.108.40.206, which bumps us up from the previous 220.127.116.11 version seen just a few days ago. Next, we have Google Play Music 5.5.1514O.1185867, which brings us from the previous 5.5.1509O.1140258 build we saw at the beginning of this month. Finally, we have the Google Play Store 4.8.20, which is up from version 4.8.19 from two weeks ago.
As can be inferred from the incredibly minor point revision changes, these updates are only behind-the-scenes bugfixes, and bring no new user-facing features. However, updates are updates, and if you’re one to like being on the newest builds at all times, they’ve got their purpose.
All of these app updates will make their way out to consumer devices through the Play Store via a staged rollout. Naturally, not every device will be in initial wave. However, we’ve gone ahead and mirrored the APKs over on our DevHost account for your sideloading pleasure:
- Google Sheets 18.104.22.168
- Google Play Music 5.5.1514O.1185867
- Google Play Store 4.8.20
- Google Docs 22.214.171.124
And in reverse chronological order, here are the latest versions of all of the Google first party application updates we’ve seen over the last few weeks:
- Google Maps 8.1.0
- Google Docs 126.96.36.199 (1314418)
- Google Goggles 1.9.4
- Google Chrome Browser 35.0.1916.138
- Google Chrome Beta 36.0.1985.36
- Google Play Books 3.1.49
- Android Device Manager 1.2.12
- Google Camera 2.2.024
- Google TTS 188.8.131.522895
- Google+ 184.108.40.206636377 (Android 4.1+)
- Gmail 4.8 (build 1167183)
- Google MyGlass 3.0.0
- Google Play Newsstand 3.2.1
- Google Wallet 2.0-R163-v18
- Google Hangouts 2.1.100 (1151589-30)
- Google Drive 220.127.116.11
- Google Now Launcher 18.104.22.1684249
- Google Search 22.214.171.1249292 (ARM)
- Google Wallet 2.0-R163-v18
- Google Cloud Print 0.9.10
- YouTube 5.6.36
Google Play Services for all available screen densities.
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-030) – 213 DPI (Tablets)
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-032) – 160 DPI
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-034) – 240 DPI
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-036) – 320 DPI
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-038) – 480 DPI
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-070)
[Many thanks to XDA Portal Supporter MihirGosai for the APKs]
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!