APK Multi-Tool: Editing APKs Made Simple
Posted June 25, 2012 at 02:30 pm by FallenWriter
Back in 2010, XDA Recognized Developer Daneshm90 created a script for the HTC G1 to simplify the modification process for APK files. The script proved popular, as it greatly streamlined the cumbersome manual modification process. Sadly, over time the script fell into disrepair and even the download link for it ended up broken.
Eventually, XDA Senior Member raziel23x took it upon himself to breathe new life into the aging script and not only overhaul, but improve upon the original design. He’s incorporated such features as:
- Batch optimize apk (Zipalign,optipng,or both)
– Batch Ogg optimization
– Batch install apk from script (option 19)
– Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
– Batch Theme optipng TOOL
– Batch Theme Zipalign APK TOOL
– Compression level selector (monitor status above menu)
– Error detection. Checks if error occurred anytime u perform a task, and reports it
– Extract, Zip apk’s.
– Incorporates brut.all’s apktool
– Improved syntax of questions/answers
– Logging on/off has been removed. Instead a log.txt is created which logs the activities of the script organized using time/date headers
– Optimize pngs (ignores .9.pngs)
– Pull apk from phone into modding environment.
– Push to specific location on phone
– Quick sign an apk (Batch mode supported)
The list actually continues on quite a bit, and there are still many more improvements to be made. So head on over to the release thread and give this a spin.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!