What happens when a popular BlackBerry developer takes note of the wonderful world of Android? Wonderful development, of course! XDA forum member pfluger proves this to us with his first Android application–BeWeather.
With BeWeather, you can get detailed and aesthetically appealing forecasts in the form of up to 11 widgets. Playing upon one of the key strengths of the Android OS, this release is fully customizable from fonts and text color to widgets and icon sets. In the words of the developer:
– Current conditions including “Feels like” temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
– Visually stunning display of weather information using high definition videos
– 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
– 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
– Track your location via GPS/cell
– Instant weather advisory notifications (US only) via push technology (Android 2.2 and higher)
– Built-in animated radar and satellite maps (US only)
– Replace/extend the default radar maps with your preferred weather service’s radar maps!
– 6 Homescreen widgets with a total of 11 different widgets. Fully customizable
– Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
– Add custom web cams and other media links (weather radio, video, HTML etc) to any location.
– Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
– Completely customize BeWeather using iconsets, fonts and colors
Continue on to the application thread to get started!___________________