Bug Found in Angry Birds for Android – Lets you Unlock all Worlds
Posted October 22, 2010 at 12:00 am by ElCondor
Do you know Angry Birds? If not, you must’ve been living under a stone. It’s a game that has been available for iOS for a long time, and is now available for Android too. Its popularity is huge, thanks to the nice graphics and smooth animations, and of course the nice game play. Some people may find it too difficult in the end though – resulting in new worlds that are being left locked because not all the previous levels are finished. Now for those people, there is a way to unlock all worlds and get access to all levels.
Found this out quite by accident.
- Load up Angry Birds and go to the world select screen.
- Centre a locked world on the screen.
- Push back button all the way out of Angry Birds.
- Load Angry Birds back up and when the “Play” button appears tap the s**t out of that m********r.
- Great success! You should be inside the locked worlds stage select screen.
- To keep it unlocked just pass the first world.
Many would argue whether it’s really fair to do this, but it can be quite useful when you flash or reset your phone, for level data can’t be backed up (Update: Titanium does that job too!)
Yet we’re wondering whether it’s actually a bug, or just the developers’ intend. No matter what, it can be pretty useful!
Check out the discussion thread in the XDA forums.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!