Camera Mod Brings 30 Mbit Video and More to Galaxy S III
Posted June 16, 2012 at 08:30 pm by Former Writer
Camera mods can be awesome. With several coming out for devices like the HTC Sensation and HTC Vivid, users are able to take better pictures and record higher quality video. For those who have a separate camera, these mods probably won’t beat out your Nikon D700. However those who use their phone cameras frequently may find that they make your pictures and video much better. Now, Samsung Galaxy S III users have their own camera mod as well.
Created by XDA Forum Member hyperX-, who is also responsible for a similar mod on the Samsung Galaxy S II, the application brings plenty of features to Galaxy S III users. Aside from the mentioned 30 Mbit 1080p video recording, the application also provides the following features:
- Battery mod / start Camera below 15 %
– Start camera while on CALL
– “VOLUME DOWN/UP” to shot a photo
– 192 kbit @ 48khz for all resolutions
– Now you can instandly shoot photos by pressing Vol. Up/down without refocus object !!
– Press “Menu” button (capacitive button) to focus an object AND it will remain focused until you shoot an photo OR refocus again
– COMPLETE Silence Camera (even without touch-focus sound)
– refocus + focus-LOCK press “menu”
– Volume down – DIRECT shot without refocusing ! You can shoot instandly so many photos as you want by pressing the key very fast (3-4 pics/sec.)
The mod is easy to install as well. Users can choose to either download the apk and install it manually as a system app using a root-enabled file manager, or apply a recovery-flashable update.zip to have it installed automatically. With all the features included and the easy install method, there’s no reason not to give this a try.
For download links, full features list and more, go to the original thread.[Big thanks to XDA Senior Member androidindian for the tip!]
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!