Updates are both the livelihood and the bane of Android users everywhere. Ultimately, these carrier-controlled packages determine exactly what we are able to do on our favorite toys. Often, these updates couldn’t come at a more opportune time. For example, the wireless 4G hotspot functionality baked into the Droid Charge was coded to lose functionality at the end of last month.
Now, thanks to XDA Moderator Committee member NotATreoFan, we are delighted to bring you news of a fresh new EE4 update for the charge, in which wireless hotspot functionality is now restored to its full LTE-sharing glory.
Restored wireless hotspot functionality, as well as various other bug fixes, are now just an update away. According to Verizon Wireless:
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, EE4, for your DROID CHARGE by Samsung. Verizon Wireless and Samsung encourage you to download this update.
- Improved battery life when placing a voice call.
- Easily return calls within the call log entry by pressing the phone icon.
- Outgoing calls from the Visual Voice Mail application will be placed properly.
- Pressing and holding the ‘1’ key will automatically route the user to the Voice Mail service (*86).
- Audio has been adjusted to avoid ‘No Audio’ or ‘Screeching Sounds’.
Web Browsing and Data Access
- Accurately detect and connect to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE or 3G network.
- Enhanced browser performance.
- Email and Messaging
- A new Email folder structure has been implemented.
- When a subfolder exists under a current Email folder, an arrow will appear to the right of the folder icon.
- When a user touches the arrow, the folder system will expand to show all subfolders available for selection.
- When an Exchange password has been modified, the device will direct the user to the password screen to adjust the saved password accordingly.
- Improvements in the Email and Calendar sync.
- Additional Device Features
- Restoration of Mobile Hotspot capability.
- When in USB Mass Storage mode (UMS), the device will be recognized immediately when plugged into a PC.
- Device recognizes ringtones purchased from the Verizon Wireless website.
- Improvements in GPS performance.
Tickle your fancy? If you’re a Charge owner, I’m sure it does. Head on over to the original thread for more, including how to start your update process!
[Thanks, NATF for the tip!]___________________