You may remember an article from last week, when we talked about Clockworkmod adapted for the Desire Z. XDA member Koush, who happens to be the creator of this very famous recovery has just released a version of his popular recovery image for the G2. If you come from older devices like the EVO, you will probably be thankful that this is now available. In case you are not familiar, CWM will allow you to preform a wide variety of actions.
If this is all you’ve been waiting for to root your G2, now its the time. Feel free to post some feedback in the thread.
- YOUR PHONE MUST ALREADY BE S-OFF. SEE THE OTHER THREADS IN THIS FORUM ON HOW TO DO THAT.
- I recommend getting on Wi-Fi.
- Download ROM Manager from the Market. You MUST have at least 126.96.36.199.
- Flash Recovery.
- Choose G2 as your phone.
- Accept the Superuser prompt.
- Use ROM Manager to create a Backup.
- Watch the backup go!
You can find more information in the recovery image thread.
Want something posted in the Portal? Contact any News Writer._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!