If you’re running CM6, then you might want to try out TheMasterBaron’s Auto Toggle app. The app enables the 2G only setting automatically when your Android device sleeps in order to conserve battery.
The dev states that the app is not polished at the moment as there are other features to come. Note that the app does not change the 2G Only flag whilst in a call since this will reset the radio.
Features of Auto Toggle include:
- Switch to 2G and stay there if WiFi is connected.
- If the screen is off for ore than 10 minutes (configurable), 2G only will enable.
- If the screen is off and battery is below 30% (configurable), 2G only will enable.
- 3G is re-enabled as soon as the screen is turned on unless battery is below the configured percentage.
- Does not switch to 2G if the phone is plugged in (configurable).
To download the apk and for more information including future to-do’s from the dev, check out the application thread._________