Are you a Spotify user? If so, XDA forum member PatrikSelin presents a wonderful Android app meant to make the most of your Spotify experience. Spotimote allows you to control your PC’s Spotify installation from the comfort of your Android-powered mobile device.
With this app, you can play, pause, seek, adjust volume, and access the Spotify database to search for your favorite artists and tracks. The best part is that Spotify and Spotimote communicate automatically over WiFi, so there is no cumbersome setup to deal with. In the words of the developer:
Control Spotify on your PC with Spotimote !
- Control Spotify : play/pause, next/previous track, volume, shuffle, repeat, track pos
- Access Spotify database and search for tracks or artists
- manages your favorites (tracks, albums…)
- import playlists in your favorites
- access your playlists (Spotify premium account required)
Spotimote communicates with the server component over Wifi. The connection is automatic, you don’t have to specify an ip address or anything.
After the installation of the server component, when you launch it for the first time, you may be prompted by the Windows Firewall. You have to authorize the server component to access the network or it won’t be able to communicate with your android device.
Be sure to continue on to the application thread to get started and leave your thoughts!___________________