Create Update.Zips on Any Platform With Ease With D4 Update Zip Maker
Posted March 12, 2012 at 09:30 pm by Will Verduzco
Not too long ago, we took a quick look at UpdatezipCreator by XDA Forum Member benzyniarz1. As its name implied, the utility served as a simple and streamlined way to create update.zips. However while the majority of the world runs on Windows, that’s certainly not true for the development community.
XDA Recognized Developer D4rKn3sSyS has now released a similar application for Java. Offering even more settings to tweak and universal compatibility, D4 Update Zip Maker allows developers on all platforms to create zips the easy way. D4 is able to create Edify scripts, which work on ClockworkMod 3.x and greater. However, if you need to create an Amend script (previous versions of CWM), you should head back to the previously mentioned UpdatezipCreater.
The key features, according to the developer, are the following:
- Easily build update scripts for Edify script (Used by most of ClockWorkMod Recovery’s)
- Configuration for compression
- MD5 Calculation for Created Zips
- Read from file
- Smart functions (like automatic placeholders for empty system folders only)
- Non-repeatable options prompt (for example, formatting data twice)
- Device selection (we’ll need devices plugins )
- Manual edition
- Default symlinks for toolbox and busybox
- Easy use for starting users
If you’re a developer looking for an easy and platform-agnostic way of creating update.zips, head over to the release thread to get started.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!