DeliciousDroid – Delicious Bookmarks for Android
Thanks to XDA member maxpower47, we are in for a “Delicious” treat. Delicious is a site which in simple terms alllows “Social Bookmarking”, and maxpower47 has developed a great client for using the sites service from your phone.
Here are some of its features:
- Supports OAuth authentication (for Yahoo based accounts)
- Notification of new bookmarks in inbox
- Background sync for bookmarks and network contacts
- Bookmarks are cached to allow offline viewing and to reduce network traffic
- Accounts managed through Android’s built-in account manager
- New bookmarks by network contacts displayed as status updates
- Bookmarks can be added in several ways:
- A menu in the app
- Directly from the browser via the “Share” menu
- By long pressing a friend’s bookmark and choosing “Add”
- Bookmarks can be deleted by long pressing and choosing “Delete”
- Bookmark titles and tags are searchable from both the global search and from within the app
- Code is licensed under the GPL v3 and is available on Github
It is brand new and looks very promising, so go give it a try and leave your feedback for the developer in the discussion thread or checkout the project site.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!