Posted March 27, 2011 at 12:00 pm by dbzfanatic
Yours truly has gotten himself in the middle of a debate about easy rooting and one-click rooting programs. I can understand both sides of the story both being a developer of easyroot programs and a fan of learning ADB. I feel it’s important for people to see both sides of the story and come to a decision for themselves if easyrooters and one-click rooting methods are good or if they make things too easy for people who don’t really need those privileges.
- Many new users are intimidated by learning to use adb. Easyroot and one-click rooting methods allow people to get as much out of their devices as possible.
- These programs greatly speed up the rooting process, which allows people who root for friends or profit to be more efficient.
- Error checking can be built into these programs to ensure a minimal risk of bricking.
- Steps that may need to be separate in a manual method can be combined.
- Gives the developers a chance to show off their skills.
- If a tweak needs to be made to the process users need normally only replace one file.
- Freedom of choice on which method to use.
- Programs can be untested.
- Programs can have unforeseen glitches that may cause bricks.
- Programs don’t really teach you anything.
- Developers may be rushed and release unfinished programs.
- You don’t know exactly what the program is doing and if there is an error you don’t know where it is or how to fix it.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons to this, and there will always be risks involved in rooting. I’ll leave it up to you to decide what’s best for you personally, but even if you don’t use one-click or easy-root methods please remember that the developers of these programs work hard and should be respected for their work.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!