Touch-based recoveries have been appearing all over the place over the last few months, but there have been some phones left out of the loop. For some devices, it’s because the test recoveries are in beta and aren’t bug free enough yet for the average user, and for others, there’s hardly any work being done at all. One day, we’ll all have touch-based recoveries because let’s face it, they’re just better when they work. Well, for the owners of the GSM HTC EVO 3D, your wait for touch recovery is now over. XDA Recognized Developer nickiberli brings us Ext4 UI with a fun user interface and a plethora of other features.
The interface looks really cool. And based on the extremely long feature list, it also packs quite the punch. Features range from having all the perks of the old non-touch Ext4 Recovery to some unique features like the ability to take screenshots—which is a fantastic way to report problems during flashing—and even to small things like auto-excluding /cache and /dalvik from backups to save space and calculating how much space would be required to make a backup. This recovery is shaping up to be one of the best options for the GSM EVO 3D. As if functionality weren’t great enough, you can also theme it. Joy!
Supported features include:
- brand new user interface: “4EXT UI”
- touchscreen only
- extremely fast
- much more useful features than the already feature-packed 4EXT Recovery Classic v2.2.7 RC5 (see 2nd post)
- optionally save space by configuring recovery to exclude /cache from backups
- you can configure recovery to save even more space by excluding dalvik-cache from backups
- calculates real space needed to complete a backup to save you from troubles
- detects your local time zone
- -> correct time is used for backups you start from within recovery
- allows you to change md5sum check behaviour
- displays and updates your current battery level in real time
- scrollable texthistory (drag down the statusbar)
- built-in interactivity (yes/no questions) for updater-scripts
- built-in screenshot functionality
- extensive theming capabilities!
- nearly ALL YOU SEE is changeable.
- “worker bar”: create your own custom animations, there are (nearly) no limits! Use any shapes/sizes/animations et.c.
- extra low cpu needed for that: absolutely no negative impact on backup/restore speed.
- async UI rendering for optimal performance for the “heavy tasks” like backup/restore
- backups even faster than with usual recoveries.
- .. explore the new interface to see more
- includes all features of 4EXT Recovery Classic
For additional information,screen shots, download links and more, check out the recovery thread.___________________