There are a lot of launchers out there. ADW, LauncherPro, Espier and GO, just to name a few. All these launchers have their own special set of features that make them unique from one another and most people who use them have their preferences.
Well, there’s a new launcher in town now and it’s boasting the unique feature of being the fastest launcher out there. XDA Senior Member lowveld has developed a launcher called FTL Launcher, or Faster Than Light Launcher. The launcher is fast and focuses on performance and usability rather than other features.
The complete feature list includes:
- Based on Gingerbread Launcher2 source code
- Added stuff from oxygen Launcher2 mods
- Tweaked for extreme speed
- Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
- 4 configurable quick launch apps on Dock
- Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
- Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
- Wallpaper scrolling disabled (configurable in the full version)
- Configurable support for scrollable widgets
- 5 homescreens (Configurable to 3, 5, 7 or 9 in the full version)
- Fixed transition speed of homescreens (set to “Fast”, in full version there are two faster options, and one slower)
- No bounce effect on homescreen transitions (configurable on the full version)
As you may have extrapolated from the feature list, there is a free version and a paid version, but lowveld has promised that the free version does not affect usability or performance in any way so that should not sway any users to not give it a shot.
You can find the launcher in the Android Market by searching for it or you can check out the original thread for additional information and screen shots.___________________