Faster Than Light Launcher Debuts; Boasts Being the Fastest
Posted February 10, 2012 at 02:00 pm by Former Writer
There are a lot of launchers out there. ADW, LauncherPro, Espier and GO, just to name a few. All these launchers have their own special set of features that make them unique from one another and most people who use them have their preferences.
Well, there’s a new launcher in town now and it’s boasting the unique feature of being the fastest launcher out there. XDA Senior Member lowveld has developed a launcher called FTL Launcher, or Faster Than Light Launcher. The launcher is fast and focuses on performance and usability rather than other features.
The complete feature list includes:
- Based on Gingerbread Launcher2 source code
– Added stuff from oxygen Launcher2 mods
– Tweaked for extreme speed
– Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
– 4 configurable quick launch apps on Dock
– Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
– Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
– Wallpaper scrolling disabled (configurable in the full version)
– Configurable support for scrollable widgets
– 5 homescreens (Configurable to 3, 5, 7 or 9 in the full version)
– Fixed transition speed of homescreens (set to “Fast”, in full version there are two faster options, and one slower)
– No bounce effect on homescreen transitions (configurable on the full version)
As you may have extrapolated from the feature list, there is a free version and a paid version, but lowveld has promised that the free version does not affect usability or performance in any way so that should not sway any users to not give it a shot.
You can find the launcher in the Android Market by searching for it or you can check out the original thread for additional information and screen shots.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!