As the new Android device owners are eagerly awaiting the official release of Froyo, us with ported versions of Android on WM devices can only hope for improvements over existing ports (for now). XDA member myn, who is the creator of the Myn’s Warm Donut series of roms for the HTC Vogue, Kaiser, and Polaris has just released the second beta of his latest creation, which he called Myn’s Warm Eclair. As with most of his releases, the rom is still in development stage but is packed with tons of features, stability, and speed. Moreover, thanks to the NAND method, you can completely wipe out WM to have a “true” Android device. Although, it still gives you the ability to run from the SD card.
The Cream Filling:
- Some of the features in Beta 2 (06-02-2010) include:
- A ton of new performance enhancements and tweaks.
- Faster application load times
- Fixed force/close bug when clicking on contact picture
- Added Facebook sync support (Thanks Aqtrans)
- Removed NavLauncher as it is now obsolete
- Fixed in call dialer not rendering correctly in 240×320 (Thanks Alexander-Vogt1)
- Updated Astro File Manager
- Updated LauncherPro
- Quick uninstall feature, Just drag app icon over the launcher icon and hold it until you see the uninstall message.
- Increased the speed of the animation when opening the app drawer
- Data roaming disabled by default now
- Some minor framework theme tweaks
You can find more information in the rom thread._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!