Free Android Development Tutorials
Posted January 20, 2013 at 01:00 pm by Adam Outler
When I learned how to program Java, I sat down for about a month watching YouTube videos and reading tutorials trying to understand what I was seeing. Because development is such a broad topic, and everyone thinks differently, one cannot have too many resources from which to absorb knowledge. This is why we decided to contribute to the development knowledge pool with our own How To Build an Android App series on XDA Developer TV.
Currently, Linux.com is hosting a multi-part series of developer tutorials aimed at teaching you how to learn how program an Android application. They are covering the details to include basic Java. Thus far they have released three parts:
- Android Programming for Beginners: Part 1 – This tutorial walks you through creating a basic 30 second countdown application which displays a number on-screen.
- Android Programming for Beginners: Part 2 – Adds a drop-down menu to the counter allowing for adjustments to the timer
- Android Programming for Beginners: User Menus – Introduces the ListView class and replaces the drop-down with a ListView
Don’t forget to check out our own local Android development tutorials from XDA Developer TV as well.
- How to Build an Android App Part 1: Setting up Eclipse and Android SDK
- How to Build an Android App Part 2: Writing a Root App
- How to Build an Android App Part 3: Arduino Development
- How to Build an Android App Part 4: Illumination Software Creator
- How to build an Android App Part 5: Arduino ADK – Working with Digital Outputs
Got any great sources to learn Android or Java programming? Leave them in the comments down below! Have you made your own development tutorial series? Contact any XDA News Writer, and we will try to feature it.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!