Google Chromecast Exploited and Rooted, Taking Photos with the Proximity Sensor on Xperia Z – XDA Developer TV
Posted July 29, 2013 at 11:00 am by Jimmy McGee
The just-released Chromecast device has a secure boot exploit and has been rooted. That and more are covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this week’s news is an article about the new Android 4.3 update process and news about taking photos with the proximity sensor on the Sony Xperia Z. Also, be sure to check out Jordan’s video on the Chromecast device.
Jordan talks about the other videos released this weekend on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer Jayce released a video talking about practical practices of developers. Later, he released a video getting Confessions from newly hired developers. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Sony Explains Improved Software Update Process for 4.3
- Take Photos with the Proximity Sensor on the Sony Xperia Z
- Jordan’s Google Chromecast Unboxing, Setup, and First Impressions
- Chromecast Secure Boot Exploit and Root
- Forum Added for the Nexus 7 (2013)
- Practices of Practical Developers – XDA Developer TV
- Confessions of Newly Hired Developers – XDA Developer TV
Video Courtesy of Twildottv
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!