Google Nexus 5 Rooted! Android 4.4 Source Available, ROMs Incoming (Even for Galaxy Nexus!) – XDA Developer TV
Posted November 4, 2013 at 12:00 pm by Jimmy McGee
XDA Elite Recognized Developer Chainfire has rooted the Google Nexus 5 with CF-Auto-Root! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this week’s news is an article reporting that the source code, factory images, and driver binaries for Android 4.4 KitKat on the Nexus 5 are available and the announcement that KitKat will being coming to the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10, Moto X, HTC One, and Samsung Galaxy S 4 Google Play edition.
In other important news, Jordan talks about the source-built version of KitKat for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. There is even a version for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus! Also, if you haven’t already checked out the Goodies from Android 4.4 that are available now, you should. Be sure to check out other videos on on XDA Developer TV. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Chainfire Roots the Google Nexus 5 with CF-Auto-Root
- Android 4.4 KitKat (KRT16M) Source Code Released, Factory Images and Driver Binaries Available for the Nexus 5
- Android 4.4 Coming Soon to the Nexus 4, 7, 10, Moto X, New Droids, HTC One and SGS4 GPe; No 4.4 for the Galaxy Nexus
- Early Source-Built Android 4.4 Builds for Nexus 4 and 7
- Source-Built 4.4 KitKat for the “Forgotten” Galaxy Nexus
- Android 4.4 Now Also Available for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus
- Get Some of the Android 4.4 Goodies Today
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!