By now nearly everyone should be familiar with the SuperSU application. It’s a Superuser management application, and usually the first application installed upon gaining root for the first time. It’s that little box that appears when you run a root-enabled application asking if you wish to grant that application root access. Nearly everyone on XDA has seen that on their devices before. Now, users have an opportunity to put their mark on the popular application.
XDA Elite Recognized Developer and Senior Moderator Chainfire has revealed that he’s looking for a new icon design for SuperSU, and is asking anyone and everyone for submissions. While the current icon (a blue #) is nice, simplistic, and well liked (even by Chainfire himself); Chainfire has decided it’s time for a change. The rules for the icon creation and submission are as follows:
- I reserve the right to veto any icon I really don’t like, or doesn’t fit with the rest of the application
- Participating means you give up any copyrights and royalties and such for the icons you submit
- The icon should be clearly identifyable at 48×48 pixels
- Please stick to the current Android colors. Blue definitely has my personal preference, as it matches the program accents. Resize and place your icon inside the app’s screenshots to make sure it fits color-wise
- You might also want to look at Android iconography (and the rest of the Android design section, really)
You must create a ZIP file containing the icon in the following sizes in PNG(+alpha) format:
You may email that ZIP file to icon @ chainfire.eu
Do not include your PSD file – send that one when you actually win
So whether you decide to re-design the blue # or go another direction, all submissions will be taken into consideration. For more information, you can check out the SuperSU thread linked above or Chainfire’s blog._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!