How to Port Xperia Small Apps to Non-Stock Xperia ROMs
Posted April 12, 2013 at 08:30 am by Samantha
Yes, we know you know that Xperia Small Apps have been ported to Xperia ROMs not based on stock roms, as well as to non-Xperia devices. However, what if the port just happens to not work with your device? Or maybe you’re one of them folks who likes to know what goes on behind the scenes? XDA Recognized Contributor sandy7 has written another top-notch guide to not only let users know how devs achieve these ports, but also to allow you to give it a go yourself.
With no fancy preamble, sandy7 goes straight into helping you help yourself with the porting process, which can be broken down into 5 steps aided with helpful visuals:
- Decompile framework-res.apk and add given lines to res/values/strings.xml and AndroidManifest.xml and recompiling once done
- Decompile android.policy.jar and add given lines to com\android\internal\policy\impl\PhoneWindowManager.smal and recompile once done
- Decompile framework.jar and add files provided in a zip file into classout/com and recompile afterwards
- Add given files into system/app. Files can be flashed via a flashable zip provided
- Download and install Slauncher from Play store
So there you have it. Those are the 5 steps to achieving small apps porting success and glory. It’s all in your hands now. But fear not, as the process of porting small apps seem to be relatively simple and great for beginners to try out themselves. It’s also been tested on most Xperia devices and Samsung Galaxy SL, with support for CyanogenMod 9 and 10, Paranoid Android, Pacman, and possibly CM 10.1.
For more details and information, visit the original thread and guide.
Note: Screenshots shown taken from Galaxy SL Xperia-themed running CM10
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!