In this episode, XDA Developer TV Producer Jordan shows you how to root your Nvidia Shield. The Nvidia Shield is a device that is in a class all of it’s own. There is really nothing else like it, and that is a good thing. But as usual, here at XDA we must root all the things and the Shield is no exception to that!
Jordan presents step-by-step instructions on how to gain root access and unlock the bootloader on your Nvidia Shield using tools from the XDA Forums. First, Jordan shows you how to unlock the device. Then he shows you how to gain root access. If you are having trouble installing the proper drivers on Windows 8, Jordan recommends checking out wwJoshdew’s video. So take a moment and check this video out.
- Universal Naked Driver for SHIELD
- wwJoshdew’s Video Setting up fastboot for SHIELD
- Gnurou’s SHIELD Root Github
- (make sure you’re inside the directory where you downloaded the shield-root Github data)
- fastboot oem unlock
- fastboot boot zImage_dtb ramfs.img.gz
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!