In this episode of XDA Developer TV, we show you how to root your Samsung Galaxy S III. The popularity of the Samsung Galaxy S III and its variants have produced a few rooting methods. There are many features you can gain by rooting your device. We present three step-by-step instructions on how to gain root access on your Samsung Galaxy S III using tools from the XDA Developers Forums.
The first process posted by XDA Recognized Contributor mrRobinson works for the AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint US variants. This method typically does not trip the flash counter, but can take some time. The second method is by XDA Elite Recognized Developer Chainfire. This works for the three aforementioned US variants and the International version. This method is quick, but it does trip the flash counter. Finally, we cover the use of XDA Senior Moderator and Recognized Developer mskip’s toolkit. You can find versions for the four previously mentioned variants of the toolkit. This is a semi-automatic method and does trip the flash counter. So take a moment and check this video out.
- [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter – [ATT / Bell / Telus / Rogers / Sasktel]
- [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [Tmobile / Wind / Mobilicity / Videotron]
- [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [SPR L710VPBLJ7] JB 4.1.1
- at&t variant – [SGH-I747/M] CF-Auto-Root v1.0
- T-Mobile variant – [SGH-T999] CF-Auto-Root v1.0
- Sprint variant – [SPH-L710] CF-Auto-Root v1.0
- International variant – CF-Auto-Root v1.0 [GT-I930x/T/N][SHV-E210*][SHW-M440S]
- [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT V6.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, BusyBox + MORE [GSM]
- [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 QCOM TOOLKIT V2.3] Drivers Backup Root CWM BusyBox + MORE [ATT]
- [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 QCOM TOOLKIT V2.3] Drivers Backup Root CWM BusyBox + MORE [TMO]
- [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 QCOM TOOLKIT V2.3] Drivers Backup Root CWM BusyBox + MORE [SPR]
Triangle Away! by XDA Elite Recognized Developer Chainfire._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!