HTC Rezound Getting OTA Update, Improves Stability
Posted January 29, 2012 at 08:00 am by liwen
Verizon began to roll out a new update to the HTC Rezound a few days ago. It’s not Ice Cream Sandwich yet, but rather a maintenance release that mostly improves stability and fixes a few other odd issues here and there. According to the official documentation, the new update bring the software version to 2.01.605.11, baseband to 0.95.00.1118r, and the following changes:
- Updated signal strength meter to 5 bar Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI).
- Screen Timeout issues while connected to Wi-Fi have been resolved.
- Resolved issue with Mobile Hotspot data stalling while multiple users are connected.
- Improved audio quality during voice call.
- Reduced forced closures related to the People application.
- Improved device stability reduces continuous resets.
- Resolved issue with Task Manager stopping Mail background service.
Even better, there’s no reason to hold back on this OTA update since it has already been rooted – a forum thread details the process. Alternatively, you flash a pre-rooted stock ROM with the OTA cooked in.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!