Many modifications are maintained for an extended period of time. However, sometimes mods are forgotten for a while and resurface with exciting changes. After all, new features on older apps can deliver an total facelift. Now, there is a modification for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active, and Ray that’s making a comeback.
XDA Senior Member serajr has updated a modification that first began back in July. Since then, it has been updated to bring some Jelly Bean-like goodness to Xperia devices in a friendly systemUI mod for those running Ice Cream Sandwich. The feature list includes:
- New JB style 23 toggles with tabbed slider controls (Created by Me from Scratch)
- New Me toggle (to edit it´s image or title, go to Contacts and edit Myself first contact)
- Fixed first Quick Panel row (3 top toggles – Me | Settings | Recent Apps)
- New JB style full screen notifications and quick panel expanded views
- New flip Notifications to Quick Panel transition animation
- New slide In/Out Quick Panel Toggles to Sliders transition animation
- All Toggles and Sliders in sync with android settings (observers added)
- Notifications is default view when opening Status Bar
- SystemUI Preferences screen now is opened by tapping device Menu button while on expanded notifications view
- 4 new customizable background images for Status Bar, Notifications, Notifications Header and Quick Panel
- Full working two state Status Bar open/close drag handle
- Preference to choose status bar opacity percentage or Use Custom Image
- Preference to enable/disable full screen notifications and quick panel expanded views
- Preference to choose Quick Panel Tabs screen position (top or bottom)
- Removed thin and gray notifications glow separators
- Fixed preference screen Quick Panel Tab force close issue
There is quite a lot of new stuff in this latest update, making it far more complete than prior versions. If you have one of the aforementioned Xperia devices and care for the look seen in the featured image, check out the original thread.
[Thanks to Till-Kruspe for the tip.]_________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!