Loaning out your phone can often be a scary concept. For most of you, your phone is your life and many of the private details of your life are stored within its memory. Whether you are allowing your toddler to try his hand at Angry Birds or are letting your sister make a few phone calls, there is always that faint moment of hysteria when you imagine them stumbling on that “questionable” picture, or private text message.
XDA member caotiantupi has found a way to give you some peace of mind with App Lock, a tool that allows you to protect your apps through numeric passwords, gestures and patterns.
Protect any applications you want: SMS, Email, Pictures, Camera, USB Connect, Calendar, Messenger, Browser, Phone, Contacts, Clock, Settings, Market, Talk…
1. Three unlocking method to select: numeric password, draw pattern and cool gesture pattern.
2. Cool background picture for gesture pattern.
3. One click to add unlocked app to locked apps list.
4. One click to return locked app to unlocked app list.
5. When visitor mode, enter password to open locked apps.
6. When master mode, no need to enter password to open locked apps.
If you are one of those persons who can not stand having to input a password every time you use your phone, don’t worry, you have options. Add the App Lock Widget to your home screen and switch between Master and Visitor Mode in one click.
This app will certainly help alleviate your worries and keep snoopers at bay. For more information and to download the app, visit the original thread._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!