If you get frustrated trying to keep your screen on in order to keep your Wi-Fi connection alive, you can finally relax as XDA forum member shantzg001 has developed an app for that.
Wi-Fi Keep Alive lets you control whether Wi-Fi is disconnected or not whenever the screen turns off by setting your desired Wi-Fi sleep policy.
- Default – this means that wi-fi will turn off whenever the screen goes off.
- Wi-Fi On on sleep if plugged – this means that if your phone is plugged into a USD slot or wall charger, then wi-fi will not turn off even when the screen goes off.
- Wi-Fi Never goes off – this means that your wi-fi will no shut down whenever the screen turns off, even if you are not plugged into USB/charger.
What’s more, shantzg001 has also coded an accompanying widget for the app, so rather than launching the app each time, you can toggle through the three settings on your home screen.
- Dark Widget icon – Default setting
- Purple Widget icon – Wi-Fi On on sleep if plugged
- Green Widget icon – Wi-Fi Never goes off
Wi-Fi Keep Alive is available to download for free in the Market.
For more information, check out the application thread._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!