So you just achieved root access thanks to the recently updated SuperOneClick method we recently covered. Now what do you do with your newly unchained device? Once you’ve downloaded some of the requisite root apps, a great next step is the script toolbox by XDA forum member xmc wildchild22.
The package includes several popular root and non-root tools that enable you to do things such as change your hostname, sign APKs, and much more. In the words of the developer, the included scripts are the following:
- Entire Script Layout/ programming-XMC WILDCHILD22
- ADB Setup-XMC WILDCHILD22
- Custom ADB shell with Wildchild v1 tweaks-XMC WILDCHILD22
- Signare v1.1 QUICK APK signer (I MEAN FAST -andyharney
- AcPatcher Patches AC.ZIP-AChep
- CHANGE HOSTNAME WITH HOSTNAME.SH- TERROR_1
It’s time to put on your hacking hats, folks! To get started, simply hit up the original thread on your Windows XP (or newer) PC!_________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!