News-Like Social Media Updates with Social Flash
Posted June 7, 2013 at 02:30 am by Will Verduzco
Do you enjoy watching the news? Don’t you wish your social media experience was a bit more like what you see every morning on C-SPAN? No? Maybe that’s just me? Oh well.
For those who actually do enjoy watching the news or for anyone simply looking for a novel way of viewing social media updates, XDA Forum Member Cellcrowd created Social Flash. This app aggregates your latest social media updates into periodic news flashes that can be viewed like you would view the news—except only slightly more depressing.
The features, as described by the app’s developer:
- 3 different skins: silent, classic and modern
– exclude content by specific friends from being featured in an episode
– filter item types (status update, tagged in photo, etc.)
– get notified 5 minutes before the start of an episode
– share a watched message on Facebook
– set item count and duration to influence an episode’s total duration
To get started, head over to the application thread. As you would expect, you need a Facebook account to use the app. While this may not exactly revolutionize the way you interact with those in your social circles, it’ll make it a whole lot more entertaining!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!