NFC Task Launcher Unleashes NFC’s Automation Potential
Posted March 21, 2011 at 09:00 am by Will Verduzco
Ever wish that the seldom, if ever, used NFC chip on your Nexus S got a little bit more action? Luckily XDA Forum Member krohnjw felt the same way and created a new application that lets you use NFC tags to control your mobile device via profiles!
NFC Task Launcher will undoubtedly feel very familiar for those who have used Tasker, but with the added cool factor of using NFC tags rather than time, location, or events to initiate profiles. And speaking of Tasker, it can even be used to launch any Tasker task you have enabled on your phone!
Currently, the application supports the following tasks:
- Enable / Disable / Toggle Wifi
– Enable / Disable / Toggle Bluetooth
– Launch any installed Application
– Connect to any known SSID
– Configure a new Wifi Connection and connect
– Configure and enable Portable Hotspot
– Launch any Tasker Task (for users of Tasker)
– Changing Phone Ringtone
– Changing Ringer Mode (Normal/Silent/Vibrate)
– Changing Ringer Volume
– Changing Media Volume
– Changing Alarm Volume
– Changing Notification Volume
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!