XDA member shad0wboss pulled our attention regarding the upcoming Nintendo DS emulator for Android. No, it´s not here yet but the work seems pretty neat and started to test an alpha version of the emulator, which is ready for download. just make sure that you have a powerful enough device to use this. According to the original article, future versions will include Dynarec CPU simulation, GPU simualtion improvement for speed, and hardware render (eg, OpenGL ES), among others.
It is mentioned as well that a final stable version may not be ready before 2012 or more. This is definitely worth the wait.
Originally posted by shad0wboss
[NEWS]Nintendo DS on Android
I couldn’t help posting this because i became happy when i read it…
Tiger Lab apps(nds demo emulator)
[Only open for limited days]
1. VERY EARLY PROTOTYPE VERSION(BETA) FOR DEMO ONLY
2. It is very very slow so you shall not expect to play NDS game with this emulator.
3. It is used to DEMO that NDS game can be played on android phone
It is shown that NDS WILL be played some days on android phone, maybe 2012 or later
WHAT IS NEXT WORK (Huge efforts)
1. More powerful phones
2. Dynarec CPU simulation
3. GPU simualtion improvement for speed greatly.
4. Hareware render (eg, OpenGL ES)
5. FPU. Since NDS need lots of float calculation. FPU can improvement performance greatly. Later ARM will have FPU in feature
Continue to the original thread._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!